Going Over to the Dark Side

With the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild events going on, I had to up my game and start doing sacraments and heists. I was super nervous and watched playthroughs when I first started, but now I've got them figured out [mostly] and just roll with it. (Much like how I was with the Cyrodiil event, Midyear Mayhem. PvP used to be so stressful for me, but after that, I even started doing BGs in ESO on my alt.) I'm generally very high anxiety because I talk myself down and talk the situation up to the point where everything seems super difficult if not impossible. That's pretty much me irl in a nutshell; a ton of pointless anxiety over what amounts to be nothing. It sucks that I can't escape that even in video games.

I was super resistant to going DB on my current main (Kizenyi - Khajiit stamblade) at first because she's always been kinda chaotic neutral-good. She has no problem stealing from the rich and giving to herself (hey, a girl's gotta make a living!) but murder is where she drew the line. (I even felt bad robbing from those merchant NPCs!) Until now, that is. I hate to say it, but I actually find sacraments fun and much easier than heists. I still haven't finished a heist within the allotted time. Sacraments, however, I almost always complete all challenges. Apparently, there's a way to do the DB quests that leads to you burning down the entire establishment, which I'd love to explore, but I don't want to spoil the story for myself by finding out what it requires. So far, the only real choice I've been tasked with is whether or not to be nice to Hilde, which I was. It's going to be super hard for me to make an "evil" character, but I'm going to with my future magnecro.

Being that I'm a perpetual noob and really rather bad at stamina builds (a realization that did not come lightly and that I still struggle with), I really don't want to invest more time in this character than I have to, but this definitely falls in the 'had to' category. My second highest character is Siladhiel Elysia, who is a 45 magsorc. I'd love to spend more time playing her but she is not a good thief. She's not going to be a vampire, so she'll never be worth a damn at anything more than grabbing some free loot in town from time to time.

DB/TG event post here. It ends tomorrow at 10am EDT so get moving! You have to finish tomorrow's dailies between 12am and 10am!

Of course, it took a mount (a shiny one at that!) to get me to take part in this stuff.

it's so pretty!
Info post on evolving your Indrik. You get two event tickets per day if you complete both a sacrament and a heist and you need 10 tickets to buy each berry or feather. So far, I have one of each berry, 4 extra feathers, and almost enough tickets to buy the next berry as soon as it comes out. (You will need extra feathers because after each evolution, you'll need a new nascent Indrik. Slightly more info here.

I'm looking forward to the Jester's Festival so I can get the next berry and get my pretty mount! Until then, I'm going to try to do as much of the quests for DB and TG as possible.

Have fun!. Hit me up sometime: @VeronicaStormborn

Comments

Popular Posts