Is this progress?

It seems as though, as is my MO, I've unintentionally abandoned this blog. Fear not, for I've continued gaming. I've shifted my game priorities and have been focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) rather than WoW. (My id in ESO is @VeronicaStormborn, add me!)

In the past few months:

  • We've had a new cat adopt us. On a frigid winter eve in December, we helped a neighbor reunite with her missing cat. That same day, Kismet, who had been hanging around our house persistently, would not let us inside because she was blocking the front door. She insisted on coming in with us. We were extremely hesitant because the last thing we wanted was for her to get sick because of us, for our 'help' to be what ends her life. It's been hella challenging and scary, considering what we went through with Serendipity. We've kept her isolated, vaccinated her and given her a booster vaccine, and just been super careful in general. She appears to have a food sensitivity, so we've cut chicken out of her diet. She also had a tapeworm when we brought her in (yuck!).
  • We celebrated Christmas Eve with G's family at our home. It took a lot of work, but according to one visitor, our home "looked like it belonged in a magazine". Impressed, success!
  • I've been exploring my spirituality. I now own tarot cards and more pagan literature than I know what to do with. (Seriously, I'm drowning in books now and I could really use some direction. I should probably go through and number each book in the order that I should read them.)
  • I'm now a part of the Subaru family! Oh, and the Pixel family. Yay!
  • I turned 34. This is officially the last year I can check off aged 25-34 on those questionnaires. 
  • I've battled severe depression. This isn't anything new for me (I was first diagnosed when I was 12), but it's really awful everytime it overcomes me. I'm reluctant to stay awake (that and my narcolepsy-esque sleepiness overpower me all the time) because I can't find any enjoyment in anything. It's impossibly hard, and considering the number of medications I'm on, it really shouldn't be possible. I'm starting to consider more permanent solutions that can help treatment-resistant depression, like ECT and transcranial magnetic stimulation. I might be ineligible for ECT (and I'm horrified of it) because I have [had?] a seizure disorder, and it works by creating small seizures. It is also apparently awful on both long and short-term memory, which I already struggle with. It can be argued that it's more damaging to have untreated depression for long periods of time. I don't really know. (ps: I'm tired right now.)
  • I've played Overwatch some, too. I'm excited by Soldier 76 coming out, his 'gay reveal', but haven't watched it, yet. 
  • I'm sure there's more stuff that's happened but between my fatigue and memory issues, I'm drawing a blank. This is plenty for now.
ESO has been having a lot of in-game events that require participation and reward you with items necessary to create special mounts. (And I'm sure you know how I am about collectibles. We've purchased almost every single mount and pet from the WoW store. *Lookin' at you next, beautiful vulpine future-BFF.*) The most recent (and ongoing) event is a PvP one. I struggle with PvP, even in WoW, a game I've played for more than 10 years, in part because I always feel inept and in part because it's stressful and in part because I can never remember everything. It always feels like so much to keep track of and I really hate feeling stupid. I feel like I need a good understanding of both the class I'm currently playing as well as every other class (to counter/predict their moves) and I have neither in ESO. I've played long enough to be a master of all, but I am so bad at this game. My highest character has been my main for awhile. She's a stamina-based Nightblade and I don't know if it's just not my type of gameplay or if I'm just bad, but I cannot figure out how to maintain steady DPS numbers even though she's PvE-specced. I'm thinking I should spec her for PvP even if I never play it well, just for survivability and because I'm awful at PvE on her. Ugh, I guess that's what I should do. Is that giving up? Shit. I don't know. 

So, I'm plagued with indecision (what else is new?) and I feel like shit. Yeah, that pretty much sums up my life. I guess somewhere along the way, this post turned kinda dark. Sorry about that. 
I guess I'm signing off now. I feel like there's more I could write, but I don't know that it would be at all positive, so I'm going to leave it at this.

Peace, love, and video games. 

Comments

Popular Posts